Meet Our Doctors
Dr. Michael Webster | D.M.D.
Dr. Webster was born and raised in Kelowna, and is a proud graduate of Rutland Senior Secondary. He attended UBC-Okanagan where he earned a B.Sc. with a major in Biology and completed his Doctorate of Medicinal Dentistry at UBC-Vancouver. Following graduation he moved to Fort St. John to practice dentistry as an associate which allowed him to diversify and shape his skills. In January 2013, he purchased Kelowna Dental Centre.
Dr. Webster practices all forms of general dentistry including endodontics (root canal treatment), crowns & bridges, cosmetic dentistry, and extractions. He has a particular interest in oral surgery, including wisdom teeth extractions and dental implants for which he has completed extensive training. Dr. Webster enjoys educating patients on the longterm benefits associated with dental implants and providing all related services. He is also pleased to offer Intravenous Sedation at his clinic because of the significant role it plays in helping patients achieve their dental needs.
Dr. Webster and his family have put down firm roots in Kelowna and he loves developing and establishing life-long relationships with his patients. He establishes treatment plans that will best serve the patient over time, considering the long-term picture and prioritizing treatment accordingly. When talking to Dr. Webster it is apparent that he genuinely cares and has your best interest in mind. He is a conscientious practitioner and has made a personal vow to ALWAYS practice evidence based dentistry.
Dr. Webster spends his free time maintaining a healthy lifestyle in the Okanagan and enjoys a variety of outdoor activities with his family. He also enjoys hitting the hockey rink, annual fishing trips on the ocean, and traveling to sunny destinations. He married his wife Danielle in 2013 whom he met while attending Okanagan University College. Together they have a pug named Ugh and welcomed their first child Elizabeth in 2015. Their family grew again in 2016 with the arrival of their second child Pearl. He continues to look forward to raising his growing family in this great city.
- 2010 UBC Doctorate of Dental Medicine
- 2013 Misch Surgical Program
- 2014 Misch Prothodontics Program
- 2014 Safe & Effective Moderate IV Sedation
- 2014 AAID Vancouver Maxicourse – Surgical & Didactic Implantology Education
- 2015 AAID Maxicourse Alumni
- 2015 KOIS Graduate
- 2016 North West Dental Reconstructions – Soft Tissue Grafting For Natural Teeth & Implants
- 2017 Multi-Drug Moderate IV Sedation
- 2018 Current Concepts In Bone Grafting & Accelerated Implant Treatment With Fouad Khoury DMD Ph.D Prof. Dr. med. dent.
- 2018 Predictable Aesthetics & Longevity With Bonded Porcelain Restorations With Pascal Magne Dr. med. dent. M. Sc. Ph.D
- 2018 Esthetic Posterior Restorations With Pascal Magne Dr. med. dent. M. SC. Ph.D
- 2018 PRP/PRF Blood Concentrates With Dr. James Rutkowski
- 2018 State of the Art Endodontics With John West DDS. MSD. and Jordon West DDS. MSD.
- 2018 Digital Smile Design with Christian Coachman
- Canadian Dental Association
- American Academy Of Implant Dentistry
Dr. Sarah Abel | D.M.D
Dr. Sarah Abel is a Kelowna native and happy to be back after living in the lower mainland for eight years. She graduated with Dr. Webster from RSS and obtained her Science degree at UBCO. She completed her Doctorate of Dental Medicine at UBC in Vancouver. She honed her dental skills in a busy Surrey group practice before making the move back to the sunny Okanagan.
Sarah is a certified Invisalign provider and enjoys providing orthodontic care for her patients. She offers free Invisalign consultations to new and existing patients. In addition to Invisalign, she practices general family dentistry and is committed to providing quality, evidence-based treatment.
Sarah enjoyed being a volunteer dentist at the downtown eastside dental clinic in Vancouver which has helped shape her into the gentle and ethical dentist she is today. She continues to give back to the community by volunteering and teaching UBC dental students at the Kelowna Gospel Mission dental clinic.
Sarah is committed to being a lifelong learner through continuing education by attending dental courses, study clubs, and conferences.
Sarah and her husband Kevin welcomed their first child in May 2017. In her spare time she loves spending time with her family and friends, attempting to cook, and travelling.
- UBCO – Bachelor of Science – June 2006
- UBC – Doctor of Dental Medicine – May 2012
- Certified Invisalign Provider – March 2013
- Kelowna Gospel Mission Volunteer With Teaching Position
- Botox Injection Techniques Certification
- Canadian Dental Association
- Kelowna Dental Services Society