Most general dental practices refer their patients to specialists when they need to undergo oral surgery, but at Kelowna Dental Centre, we are committed to performing all oral surgeries right here in our Kelowna dental office.
Benefits of Choosing KDC
Internationally-trained dentists and specialists
Start-to-finish dental implants
Safe, effective sedation dentistry for anxiety and special healthcare needs
Timely appointments that suit your busy schedule
Flexible financing options
Speciality Oral Surgery Services
Innovative & Comfortable Laser-Assisted Oral Surgeries
We use the Solea® All-Tissue dental laser to provide faster, more comfortable oral surgeries with healthier healing processes.
The Solea® laser is guided by computer-assisted technology and provides a speedy and quiet experience with minimal blood and tissue trauma as compared to traditional oral surgeries. For these reasons, we especially love using this laser on our youngest patients!
Our dentists may utilize this dental laser system for the following procedures:
– Cavity Repair (removal of decay)
– Pediatric Dentistry Surgeries
– Bone Procedures
– Gum Contouring
– Gum Disease Treatment
A dental implant is a titanium post that functions as the root of a tooth would. It is surgically implanted into the patient’s jawbone beneath the gum line and a replacement tooth is screwed on top. Dental implants can be used as replacements for a single tooth, or multiple implants can be installed to securely support dentures.
Before dental implants can be surgically placed, you may require certain dental treatments or procedures to improve your oral health, remove teeth, and/or build up your jawbone structure. These preliminary treatments help prepare your mouth for surgery, minimize the potential for complications, and support the most successful end result.
Procedures that are commonly performed as preliminary treatments for dental implants may include:
– Tooth Extractions – Removing badly damaged or unwanted teeth must occur prior to dental implant surgery. The type of tooth and the condition it is in will determine the approach used to remove it. Bone grafts are also often placed (socket preservation) once the tooth is removed to reinforce the jawbone and achieve full healing of the area.
– Socket Preservation – Socket preservation is a bone grafting technique that fills an empty tooth socket with healthy bone material. This procedure is designed to prevent the socket from degenerating and also provide sufficient support for the placement of a dental implant. Socket preservation can be performed immediately after a tooth is extracted or to restore an empty socket left behind by a tooth that was lost or extracted previously.
– Bone Grafting – Bone grafting describes a variety of treatments that use either donor tissue, synthetic material, or the patient’s own harvested bone to rebuild damaged or atrophied jawbone structure. Insufficient jawbone structure to support a dental implant can occur for several reasons, including missing teeth, periodontal disease, and trauma.
– Ridge Augmentation – Ridge augmentation is a type of bone grafting in which bone tissue is used to expand the width of the jawbone ridge to better support a dental implant.
– Sinus Lift – Sinus lift is another type of bone grafting which places bone tissue along the bottom of the sinus cavity. This procedure adds volume and support for dental implants being placed in the upper jaw.
Wisdom Teeth Removal
Experiencing pain in the back of your mouth? Are you in your late teens or early twenties? Chances are, you’re a good candidate for wisdom tooth surgery. Kelowna Dental Centre is conveniently located just 10 minutes away from UBC Okanagan.
During your consultation, our doctors will complete an extensive examination, including a panoramic radiograph and CBCT 3D to get an in-depth view of your mouth. If we determine that your third molars should be removed, we will provide you with a personalized care plan made just for you!
Questions About Our Oral Surgery Services?
Get your oral surgery performed by the same general practitioners you know and trust! Call Kelowna Dental Centre today to schedule your consultation.
Dental Implants Surgery
A dental implant is a titanium post that functions as the root of a tooth would. It is surgically implanted into the patient’s jawbone beneath the gum line and a replacement tooth is placed on top. Dental implants can be used as replacements for a single tooth, or multiple implants can be installed to securely support dentures.
The benefits of dental implants are considerable and include:
- Improved appearance, self-esteem, speech, comfort, and oral health
- Easier eating
- Preventing bone decay
- Greater functionality, durability, and convenience
Patients who are ideal candidates for dental implants are in need of tooth replacement for one or multiple teeth, have good overall oral health, and have adequate jawbone density to support an implant (or implants).
We will take the time to discuss your treatment plan, using imaging to help explain some of the choices that were made. The goal during treatment planning is always to develop a strategy that aligns with your needs, expectations, and budget to create healthy, functional, and beautiful replacement teeth that can potentially last for a lifetime.
Wisdom Tooth Removal (Including Impacted)
If you’re experiencing pain in the back of your mouth and are in your late teens or early twenties, you are probably a good candidate for wisdom tooth surgery.
During your consultation, our doctors will complete an extensive examination, including a panoramic radiograph and CBCT 3D, to get an in-depth view of your mouth. If we determine that your third molars should be removed, we will provide you with a personalized care plan that maps out what you can expect throughout the treatment cycle.
Kelowna Dental Centre is conveniently located just 10 minutes away from UBC Okanagan, making it easy for students to get the care they need.
Urgent Dental Services
The caring team at Kelowna Dental Centre knows that even the healthiest, strongest smiles may experience dental emergencies. That’s why we offer same-day or next-day appointments to all dental patients. Tooth pain, a dental abscess, or a broken restoration can lead to serious oral health problems that could compromise your total body health. Don’t live with the pain – get the healthy relief you deserve!
Kelowna Dental Centre provides urgent dental care to treat the following conditions:
- Tooth pain
- Knocked-out or broken teeth
- Broken dental fillings & crowns
- Dental abscesses
Kelowna Dental Centre is proud to provide speedy and gentle urgent dental care to the Okanagan Valley. Call today to schedule your same-day or next-day dental appointment!
Kelowna Dental Centre is proud to offer the Okanagan Valley’s most exhaustive set of in-house oral surgery options so we can provide exceptional dental care to our friends and neighbours who need it most.
If a dental procedure you’re interested in wasn’t listed above, fret not. We offer a wide variety of oral surgeries, including:
- Sinus lifts
- Gum surgeries
- Gum lifts
- Gum grafting
- PRF & PRP-assisted procedures
To learn more about procedures we haven’t touched on here, please get in touch with our clinic today – we look forward to connecting with you!
Our people embody the patient-centric culture and our commitment to being excellent stewards of your health that are key to Kelowna Dental Centre’s code of conduct.
We understand that dentistry can be emotional, and preventative barriers may impede individuals from getting the care they need – that’s precisely why Kelowna Dental Centre was founded first on genuine, caring people. Our team shares a deep passion for helping others while delivering excellence in innovative dental care.
Questions? Contact Our Team
At Kelowna Dental Centre, we believe you and your family deserve comfortable, personalized, and overall superior dental care. Get in touch with us today to learn more.Contact Us