Thinking about booking your first appointment with us? We know that visiting a new dental office can be stressful, but at Kelowna Dental Centre, our team strives to ensure that all new patients feel like established patients.
From the moment you walk through our doors, our team truly takes the time to get to know not just your smile, but your lifestyle, your schedule, your total body health, and your ultimate smile goals. As a Kelowna Dental Centre patient, you should expect excellence, efficiency, and most importantly kindness.
Our Amenities Are Designed For Your Comfort!
No matter your age or phase, our local Kelowna dentist office has everything you need to have a pleasant visit. Relax on one of our comfortable couches in our waiting room and enjoy a complimentary beverage while you're at it! When you're ready, we'll give you an office tour to get you better acquainted with our practice.
Once you're in the dentist's chair, kick back and relax with your favorite Netflix show on our HDTVs. For an even comfier experience, we'll offer you a blanket and a pillow, Bose noise-cancelling headphones, and even sunglasses.
Do dental appointments make you anxious? If so, we have a sedation dentistry service designed for you. Whether you need light sedation to calm your nerves or sleep dentistry for an entirely relaxing experience, our team will assess your needs to determine which option is best for you. We also offer sedation services for patients with special healthcare needs - and kids, too!
Your New Patient Visit
Since no two people are alike, our doctors personalize each new patient visit. After your treatment is complete, our team will immediately handle the direct billing of insurance providers. Here are just some of the treatments and screenings you can expect from your first appointment with us:
- A review of your dental and medical history
- An oral cancer screening using VELscope® technology
- An evaluation of your overall oral health
- Radiographs (Bitewings, periapical and/or panoramic) to detect decay, disease or concerns
- Photographs of smile, bite, tooth alignment, and shade
- DIAGNOdent® screening for early caries detection (tests the density/softness of your enamel)
- Removal of stains, plaque, and tartar
- Periodontal Probing – A measure of your tissue pockets to assess your gum tissue and bone health
- A fluoride application
- Sealants/assessment of the need for sealants
- Polishing of all teeth
- A treatment plan of any areas of concerns by priority
- Estimates of needed treatment
- Referrals to specialists if indicated
- A predetermination of treatment coverage for insurance
- A goodie bag including a new toothbrush, toothpaste, floss sample
- At-home oral health education and instruction
Additional services available during this appointment:
- Orthodontics consultation if needed
- In-office teeth whitening
- 3 Dimensional Cone Beam (CBCT) Diagnostic Imaging
Save Time By Completing Your New Patient Forms Ahead Of Time!
We know you have a busy life, so let's make your time at our office an efficient one! Below, you will find our new patient forms that you can fill out online before your appointment.
Welcome To The Kelowna Dental Centre Family!
Our team can't wait to provide you with the dental care you deserve! Call us today to schedule your new patient appointment.
We speak Hindi!